1) Security – using single sign on ensures that password policies are enforced in Dynamics GP as there are no inherent password policies in GP out of the box. Also, users are more protective of their windows passwords than their GP passwords. Ask any GP consultant if they’ve been to an office where users have a little yellow sticky note stuck to their monitor and 9 out of 10 will tell you yes - and that sticky note has their GP password written on it. The 10th consultant will tell you it’s located under the keyboard ;)
2) Makes life easier for a GP admin – GP admins are tired of having to take nuisance calls to unlock users because they’ve forgotten their passwords or to kick users out of the system because all the GP licenses have been utilized
3) Requires fewer GP licenses – Our auto-logout feature licenses are released and available for re-use more often so there is less chance of a user not being able to log in to the system because all the licenses are in use
4) Manage security via Active Directory groups – with AD group security provisioning you can set up all of your GP security up front and then you just have to add/remove users from AD groups to provision security without having to manage each users security individually
5) No more orphaned users – with ConfigAD you can tie AD to GP so that if a user leaves the organization or is on a leave of absence their GP access will be disabled or deleted in coordination with their AD access. Auditors hate orphaned users (users that have GP access but no longer have network access) and we solve that problem
Fastpath Config AD is available and compatible with these versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 2010, 2013, 2013 R2, 2015, 2015 R2, 2016, 2016 R2, 2018, 2018 R2. Click here to learn more.
If you are a Dynamics GP (Great Plains) user - this tool will save you time and money! Want to learn more? Contact us.